The NHS can sometimes be complicated to understand. As a patient, family member or carer you may sometimes need to turn to someone for help, advice and support.
We are a central point of contact for patients, family members and carers to provide feedback and raise concerns about services provided by Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS FT.
- listen to comments or concerns
- receive compliments
- try to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- liaise with relevant staff on your behalf
- work in partnership with the professionals involved to aid a quick resolution
- signpost to other organisations such as Independent Advocacy and other patient experience services.
Please share your experience with us Click on the 'C' that best fits what you would like to share with us to find out more.
If you would like to share something about your experience of care or a service .....Here are the different ways you can send us your comments.
- Use our online patient feedback form
- By phone – contact the Patient Experience Team Tel: 01773 525 119
- By post - write to us at this address - Patient experience team, Alfreton Primary Care Centre, Church Street, Alfreton, DE55 7AH
- Email us: DCHST.PatientExperienceTeam@nhs.net
- Tweet us @DCHSTrust
Other organisations you might prefer to log your Comment, Compliment or Concern with:
- NHS Choices - a national website, leave feedback here.
- Care Opinion - this is an independent site where you can describe your experiences of health services, good or bad, and these stories will be passed on to the right people at DCHS to make a difference. You can fill out and submit via the website link below here or call 0800 122 31 35
- Healthwatch Derby or Derbyshire (depending on the area you live)
- Healthwatch Derby Tel: 01332 643 988
- Healthwatch Derbyshire Tel: 01773 880786
If you are concerned about your treatment or care, please do let us know.
Although we always try to give you the best possible service and care, we do recognise we may not always get it 100% right. If you are worried or have a concern about your care, treatment or a service please let us know.
- Firstly you can ask to speak to the Manager or Matron who is involved in and responsible for your care. This will often be the quickest way to sort out your concern.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone not directly involved or responsible for your care, please contact our patient experience team. They can support you to look in to your concern on your behalf.
Patient experience team T: 01773 525 119
You can also fill in our online patient feedback form
If you would like to say thank you or well done to one of our services, a team or team member ...
Please use online patient feedback form to let us know. We will then pass it on to the right person, service or team.
If you are unhappy or dissatisfied with a service or your care and want to make a complaint .....
Although we do always try to provide the best possible care, we know sometimes things can go wrong. Please let us know if you have experienced problems and would like to make a complaint. This leaflet explains the process.
You can make a complaint by contacting the patient experience team:
By telephone: 01773 525119
By email: DCHST.PatientExperienceTeam@nhs.net
By post: PET, Alfreton Primary Care Centre, Church Street, Alfreton, DE55 7AH
Getting help to make a complaint
If you would like independent support when making a complaint please contact:
Derbyshire Mind Advocacy Services
Albany House, Kingsway Hospital
T: 01332 623732
Derbyshire Mind offers independent health complaints advocacy. It is a service that will help you to make a complaint about your NHS care or treatment. This service is available to anyone living in Derbyshire.
If you are a carer who would like support or information please
Call Derbyshire Carers Association on 01773 833833
Creative Carers on 01332 227711 or visit www.carersinderbyshire.org.
Although we can't provide medical advice, we can direct you to the right place for your question.
You don’t always need to tell us your name or details. Any personal information you share with us will be kept in line with Data Protection legislation. For more information see DCHS’ Fair Processing Notice.
If you need any help giving your feedback, please ask the person providing your care or contact us at the patient experience team.