Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust Board
The role of the DCHS Board:
The Trust has a Board of Directors, which comprises both Executive and Non-Executive Directors.
The Board leads the Trust by:
• Ensuring the services that are provided are of a high quality and patient focussed
• Formulating strategy and ensuring accountability by holding the organisation to account for the delivery of the strategy and through seeking assurance that systems of control are robust and reliable
• Shaping a positive and inclusive culture for the Board and the organisation and ensuring that the culture supports learning, improvement and innovation
• Collaborating within the Integrated Care System to provide the best care and services to citizens in Derbyshire
Upcoming DCHS Board meetings
All confirmed venue / MS Teams details will be added below.
|Meeting date||Venue||Live stream details|
|6 April 2023||
|1 June 2023||Click here to join the meeting||
Public Board Meeting 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device.
3 August 2023
|Matlock Town FC, Causeway Lane, Matlock, DE4 3AR||
Engagement Session – One Workforce - 12.45pm – 1.45pm Public Board Meeting 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
|5 October 2023||Via MS Teams (Virtual) - 1.30pm||Click here to join the meeting|
|7 December 2023||The Post Mill Centre||
The Postmill Centre, Off Market Street, South Normanton, DE55 2EJ - Carnfield Room
Engagement Session - 12.45pm – 1.45pm Public Board Meeting 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
If you have a question you would like to raise with our Board please contact Melanie Curd in advance (see contact us details).
DCHS Board meetings
Agendas and Papers 2023:
- February 2023
- March 2023 (Performance report)
- April 2023
- May 2023
- May 2023 (Performance report)
- June 2023
- July 2023 (Performance report)
- August 2023
- September 2023 (Performance report)
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
Agendas and Papers 2022:
- January 2022 (Performance report)
- February 2022
- March 2022 (Performance report)
- April 2022
- May 2022 (Performance report)
- June 2022
- July 2022 (Performance report)
- August 2022
- September (Performance report)
- October 2022
- November (Performance report)
- December 2022
Agendas and papers 2021:
- February 2021
- April 2021
- June 2021
- July 2021 (Performance report)
- August 2021
- September 2021(Performance report)
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
Meeting agendas and papers 2020:
If you would like to access agendas and or minutes from meetings prior to January 2020 please email DCHST.firstname.lastname@example.org
The DCHS Board works to understand and manage risks to ensure the Trust delivers quality services.
There are four sub-committees, each of which meet at least six times a year and support the Board to manage these risks by:
- reviewing performance
- making decisions and agreeing actions
- approving policies
- ensuring we have high standards and behaviour
DCHS Board sub-committees
- Quality Service Committee (QSC) chaired by Kay Fawcett, non-executive director, and supported by Michelle Bateman, Director of Nursing, AHPs and Quality. QSC shapes and influences the quality of our services including patient safety, patient experience and effectiveness of care.
- Quality People Committee (QPC) chaired by Janet Dawson, non-executive director, and supported by Darren Tidmarsh, Chief People Officer and Deputy Chief Executive. QPC makes sure the Board know that DCHS has the right staff, in the right place, doing the right things.
- Quality Business Committee (QBC) chaired by Stuart Proud, non-executive director, and supported by Peter Handford, Chief Finance Officer. QBC ensures that DCHS is an effective, efficient and economical organisation.
- The Audit and Assurance Committee (AAC) helps the Trust maintain a sound system of internal control. It provides assurance to the Board through the oversight, assessment, review and scrutiny of functions, process and systems within the Trust.
- The Charitable Funds Committee (CFC). The Derbyshire Community Health Services Charitable Trust has responsibility for the administration of the charitable funds of two organisations: Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust and Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Mental Health Act Committee (MHAC) chaired by James Reilly, non-executive director, and supported by Ben Neale, Legal Services Officer. MHAC provides assurance to the Board that confirms the experience of all of our patients is fully compliant to the Mental Health Act 1983, the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Care Quality Commission’s Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
The sub-committees also have sub-groups that report to them and are responsible for particular performance and management issues on behalf of the sub-committees.
Melanie Curd, Associate Director of Corporate Governance/Trust Secretary, leads on supporting the committees, alongside Andrea Graham, Deputy Trust Secretary and Sara Parkin, Corporate Governance Manager.
Members of the Board are required to complete a declaration and any changes during the year must be notified to the Associate Director of Corporate Governance/Trust Secretary immediately and formally.
This is reviewed annually and, in addition, at the start of each meeting, members are required to declare any interests that may affect the papers being considered.
DCHS Trust Board Register of Interests.