Derbyshire Community Health Service governor elections
Our Council of Governors are elected by the Trust’s membership and play a really important role in the Trust. They give our members a voice by listening to their views to shape and improve the services we provide.
This year’s nomination process opens on Wednesday 2 August 2023 and you have until 5pm on Friday 18 August 2023 to nominate yourself to be a public or staff Governor of DCHS.
Click here to view our Notice of Election 2023.
We have vacancies in the following public and staff constituencies:
- Amber Valley, Erewash & South Derbyshire (1)
- Bolsover, Chesterfield & North East Derbyshire (2)
- Derbyshire Dales & High Peak (3)
- Derby City (1)
- Rest of England (1)
- Healthcare Support, Estates & Facilities staff (1)
- Nursing (1)
If you would like to nominate yourself as a Governor, you must be a member of DCHS. You can sign up to be a member by clicking here.
Here are just a few of the benefits of becoming a Governor:
- Stand for your local community
- Talk to, listen and represent our members, as well as feed information back to them
- Contribute to our Trust’s future plans via workshops and working groups
- Hold the Non-Executive Directors to account for the performance of the organisation.
Then stand for the Council of Governors in the 2023 elections! Just simply fill out the online form here or contact UK Engage by telephone: 0161 209 4808 or email: email@example.com for a postal form to be sent out to you.
Once your nomination has been reviewed and checked to ensure it meets our criteria you’ll have the opportunity to stand in the Governors election. Nomination forms must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 18 August 2023.
Need support with your Election Statement? Click here for guidance.
If you would like to get involved, we would like to support you to become one of our Governors, so please talk to us on 07870 503 648 if you have any additional requirements.
The candidates in the following constituencies were elected unopposed:
Staff – Healthcare Support, Facilities and Estates (Declaration)
Public – Amber Valley, Erewash and South Derbyshire (Declaration)
Public – Derbyshire Dales and High Peak (Declaration)