Here at Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust (DCHS), our vision is to be the best provider of local healthcare and a great place to work.
- Rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in September 2019.
- We care for patients across a wide range of services, increasingly delivering care in patients’ own homes.
- We also deliver care in community hospitals, health centres and other community locations across Derbyshire.
- We touch the lives of more than 4,000 patients in Derbyshire every day.
The relationship with our GP colleagues is managed through our Medical Directorate.
Medical Directorate colleagues
- Dr Ian Lawrence, Clinical Director for Integration and CCIO.
- Dr Ben Pearson, Medical Director and Senior Responsible Officer.
- Dr Seema Kumari, Deputy Medical Director.
- Dr Alex Carberry, Clinical Director for DCHS General Practices.
Please click Our Board to find out more about our leadership.
Improving shared IT
The long running debates about how closely GP and community IT systems work together are becoming ever more important as we use an increasingly multi-disciplinary approach to care homes, anticipatory care, end of life and frailty. DCHS have set up a dedicated project to understand and resolve the issues. If you would like to comment/contribute please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interoperability between SystmOne and Emis clinical record
We've created a user guide which GPs may find useful to utilise the functionality to see our TPP SystmOne clinical records if practices are using the EMIS system - interoperability user guide
Children’s Services – Service Update
DCHS Children’s services have shared an update with various clinical and safeguarding leads recently. This includes up-to-date details of the services offered by health visiting, school nursing, school aged immunisation team, continence team, infant feeding team, intensive home visiting service and oral health promotion team. Please click here to view the presentation.
DCHS GP Voice e-newsletter
Not receiving our GP Voice e-newsletter? Sign up here
Click here to register, or get yourself back on the DCHS e-mail distribution list for our regular e-news updates for our GP community!