Our four Urgent Treatment Centres (UTCs) are open seven days a week, between 8am and 8pm across Derbyshire.
Please call 111 to book an appointment.
Our UTCs are run by highly skilled paramedics and specialist nurses. GP cover is also provided to further broaden the level of clinical expertise and supervision available in each of the centres.
If you have a pre-existing condition for which you are already being treated, please contact your GP surgery first if possible. You can still call your GP outside normal surgery hours.
|Urgent Treatment Centre||Availability of X-ray facilities|
|Whitworth Hospital||Monday: 9am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Tuesday - Friday: 9am - 12.30pm
|Buxton Hospital||Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm|
|Ripley Hospital||Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 12.30pm
|Ilkeston Hospital||Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm|
Following a call to 111 you may be offered a Video Conferencing Appointment
NHS Attend Anywhere is a secure web-based platform for patients with pre-arranged video conference appointments. You can use the platform on any PC, Mac or iOS/Android device, by downloading and installing Google Chrome (opens a new window) (for PC/Mac/Android devices) or by downloading and installing Safari (opens a new window) (For iOS devices and Macs).
- Please read this quick guide to video conferencing for patients (opens a new window) before your appointment
How does it work?
NHS Attend Anywhere is a secure NHS video call service for patients with pre-arranged appointment times only. 111 will schedule your appointment.
- Getting ready to attend your virtual appointment
- Please test your equipment before your appointment. You can do this at any time. Test your equipment (please note this opens a new window)
- On the day of your video conference call
- Five minutes before your appointment time, go to the Urgent Treatment Centre waiting room. You will be taken through a series of steps to ensure that your equipment is set up correctly.
- Once the steps have been completed, you will be prompted to enter your name and telephone number and accept the terms and conditions. This information is not stored beyond the length of the video call.
*Please note - you must use either the latest version of the Google Chrome web browser, or the Safari web browser on an Apple iMac, Macbook, iPad or iPhone.
- Once these steps have been followed, click on the 'Start Call' button and you will enter the waiting room until your consultation begins. You will see yourself on the video and hear music. The waiting room is private and you will not see other patients.
- When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and you will see your clinician. The video call is free (except your internet usage charge) and data is not used whilst you are in the waiting room.